The Poe-Tell

Justin, Tiffany, Lucy Anne, and Uncle Buck (the only pet we have mounted in our room overlooking our bed)

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Lucy Anne's Safe Return

I picked up Lucy Anne Friday evening! I am so glad to have her home with us!!! We have had some wonderful, quality time over the past few days. I have enjoyed playing with her and talking to her. It's amazing how much her vocabulary has grown while she was gone. She has picked up and keeps picking up new sentences and phrases all of the time. Right now, my favorite is . . . "Papa's Pumpkin Patch". My dad has organized a pumpkin patch at their church which they set up while Lucy Anne was staying with them; so every time she sees a pumpkin she says "Papa's Pumpkin Patch". She is, by the way, in to assigning possession to everything and most of it is HER's! I have been so tired of hearing her say "MINE" that now when she asks me or says "MINE", I tell her, "No, that is God's and He is sharing with us". She has responded pretty well to it, I think. However, it confuses her a bit and then asks, "where is God". I told her things like, "God is in heaven" and "in your heart" . . . she looked at me insistently and said "God's at church". I agreed, thinking, I can't get much passed her. I am always amazed how much these little sponges know! Anyway, thanks mom and dad, for keeping her. She talks about her time with you a lot.

6 Comments:

Blogger leslie said...

Welcome back Lucy Anne! I wish I could hear her sweet little voice!
Did you just miss her sooo much?!
I need to try the "It's Gods and He is sharing it with us" routine. Kaitlyn is very possessive.
You're a good mommy!
We miss you so much!

2:56 PM  
Blogger Kristen OQ said...

Okay...thanks for another good parenting tip! I am going to try to use that line too when Sam says everything is "MINE!"

4:38 PM  
Blogger Erica said...

So glad Lucy Anne is home! I always feel so refreshed when Kaylee is gone for a few days. I feel like I am a better mother because I am rested. I am sure she had a wonderful time with your parents. Thanks for all the parenting tips. Keep them coming.

9:05 AM  
Blogger hollyfouts said...

That is a good one. Avery is not so much possessive, but she is obsessed with where we get things. She has to know where every item in our house came from, who gave it to her, what store we bought it at, or where we got it. She also thinks that God is at church (when he's not in heaven taking care of her cat).

11:03 AM  
Blogger Alyssa said...

I love Lucy! I really enjoyed watching her and Lauren play at church on Sunday night. You could tell that they were really having fun.. I am so glad that she is home safe and sound.

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sure miss that precious little Lucy. Memaw and PaPa loved having her. Hope she can come again soon! Would love to have her Daddy and Momma too!
Love you so much!

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home