The Poe-Tell

Justin, Tiffany, Lucy Anne, and Uncle Buck (the only pet we have mounted in our room overlooking our bed)

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Lucy Anne's New Favorite Phrases

Lucy Anne has two new phrases she says. . . "Whoa, Dude" and "Oh goodness". The other day we were shopping and an old man cleared his throat, coughed, hacked up a lung, not sure . . . Either way, I was thinking, "disgusting" but Lucy Anne said it much nicer, out loud . . . "Oh goodness"! Made me laugh!

--------------------------

Another funny thing she said was while I was trying to put her in her car seat. She didn't want to go and was throwing a fit. Finally, I wrestled her down to where I could fasten the seatbelt and she pointed to the car ceiling and said, "I want God!" In disbelief at what she had just said, I asked if she said "I want God?" and she said "yes" quite emphatically. Of course, I thought, well, He is the only one who can save you now!

5 Comments:

Blogger leslie said...

That made me laugh out loud. Even more the comment you were thinking back to her. I mean, where did she get that? Sweet Lucy...

2:59 PM  
Blogger mcjacobsjournal said...

Okay, just like Leslie, I was chuckling aloud when I read those cute phrases. And, it's so great that you are writing them down and remembering them! Because those are the classics that are easily forgotten over time (can you tell I could kick myself over all the funny things that Kendyll said---now forgotten--at Lucy's age??!) Lucy Anne is TOO CUTE!!!

4:03 PM  
Blogger hollyfouts said...

Lucy is so cute! She's so little, she just doesn't seem like she should be talking as well as she is. I am glad Avery is enjoying hanging out with her in the mornings before school. I love the funny things they say. One of my all time favorite sayings f Avery's is "I'm turning into a woman." (She reminds me of this pretty often.)

4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am still in awe today after hearing Lucy quote Bible verses with Justin last night. What 19 month old child can say the word "condemnation"? This MeMaw thinks she is amazing! But I think she has awesome teachers called, Mommy(Honey!) and Daddy. I am so thankful for the way you are leading my grandbaby.

6:15 PM  
Blogger MereMoore said...

i can't imagine her throwing a fit~i think that you should be proud you are raising such a strong Christian daughter who calls on God in every need!! love her, love her, love her!

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home