The Poe-Tell

Justin, Tiffany, Lucy Anne, and Uncle Buck (the only pet we have mounted in our room overlooking our bed)

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

The Solution to my Not-So-Perfect Days

As I alluded to on some previous postings, my days have been less than easy lately! Besides a busy schedule, I have not had much energy (less than normal and have had plenty of sleep). I have been downright irritable for absolutely no reason and just feeling a little bit "blue". I know, I know, I hear your assumptions . . . and no I am NOT pregnant! I have discovered I am just malnourished - spiritually! I had ended a wonderful study on the Apostle Paul and for lack of direction (I like guided Bible studies) and being too busy, neglected any biblical ingestion. Yesterday, I started my day (first thing) with a devotional (provided by Beth Moore - online). How refreshing! Afterwards, I immediately had more energy than the previous week combined. I was so productive, got so many things accomplished and had plenty of time to spend QUALITY time with Lucy Anne (she's doing better on her colors, by the way). I hope I have learned my lesson AGAIN. I hate it when God has to teach me things over and over. All along I had been thinking I needed to change my physical diet, but what I needed to do was bulk up on my spiritual diet! Too bad I don't need to bulk up physically! Ha Ha

6 Comments:

Blogger lauren said...

I feel like I'm not digesting anything either right now! My excuse is that I'm pregnant, which makes me tired and distracted, but I should be praising God constantly no matter what...especially with the incredible blessing of the reason I'm tired and distracted!

4:29 PM  
Blogger leslie said...

So true Tiffany! Thanks for the reminder to seek God for nourishment! I didn't know Beth Moore had a devotional online! I'll be checking that out for sure.
(The word verification had moikk in it. I almost threw up having to even TYPE anything with OI)

4:35 PM  
Blogger mcjacobsjournal said...

Tiffany,
We are so on the same page, let me tell you. (First of all, congrats on the colors progress with Lucy...you crack me up!) Secondly, I completely agree that God continues to have to teach me the same lessons over and over. That He comes first, and that focusing on Him first, actually makes you have more time and energy for the rest of your day! Thanks for the reminder. And, isn't it amazing how Beth helps us want that for our lives...she is an amazing woman of God. See you tomorrow!!

4:59 PM  
Blogger Kristen OQ said...

I am looking forward to starting our new Beth Moore study in a couple of weeks. I really need to be reading more Bible and less books & blogs!

11:21 PM  
Blogger Alyssa said...

Tiffany, thanks for the wonderful reminder....i can't wait to start our study back up again... and fill my spiritual cup...

8:46 PM  
Blogger MereMoore said...

wow i needed to hear that-especially after talking to you wed night! that is exactly how i have been feeling - thanks again for listening!!

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home