The Poe-Tell

Justin, Tiffany, Lucy Anne, and Uncle Buck (the only pet we have mounted in our room overlooking our bed)

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Even the Angels are Celebrating

I FINALLY HAVE MY OWN CELL PHONE!!!! A little background . . . since Justin went out on his own (in business) one of the ways we cut cost was to get rid of my cell phone. And many of you know how many different home phone changes we've had over the past year. In McKinney, you are long distance with just a local number which is what we had for a while. Then, we decided to pay for a metro-line (change in phone number) so that we wouldn't have to pay long distance every time we wanted to call our friends or even a mile down the road. So, then, we heard about Vonage (phone over IP -internet) and decided to get that (another change in phone number). However, for some reason our cable or modem or something keeps coming disconnected, so then we are temporarily out of a phone connection (as well as internet). Oh, and if by chance you call and our line happens to be working you will get the FAX on the third ring, because we haven't figured out how to work the fax and answering machine together. All that to say, you can never get ahold of us (or ME). Justin has his cell phone so people can get him. I apologize to all of my friends and family who have cussed me and the phone in trying to reach me! I also apologize to the poor lady who has our old number. Many of you have told me about her. I know the Angels are happy because they have been working overtime to keep us safe. Thank you, my heavenly Father, for protecting us always but especially while I have been inconvenienced without a cell phone. I really couldn't have imagined being broken down or in an accident with Lucy Anne or Hailey or Hannah in my car twice a week. Even being home with these sweet, precious children and no phone line was driving me crazy! So, we can all rest assured, I now have access to the outside world in case of emergency or if you just want to chat. What did we do in the ancient days of a world without cell phones?????

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In answer to your question as to what we did "in the ancient days" before cell phones...
*We did NOT know any different.
*We prayed for safety when we set out on long journeys.
*We were less busy!
*We paid alot of long distance bills between Pecos, Lubbock, and Wichita Falls!
*We never got disconnected though!
*But I must admit, cell phones are a wonderful luxury! It is so fun to drive down the road and talk to my precious daughter and grandbaby.
Just remember to keep it charged! Ha! Love ya, Mom

8:47 PM  
Blogger MereMoore said...

Yippee!! I am SO SO happy you are connected now!!

9:19 PM  
Blogger mcjacobsjournal said...

We are so glad that Tiffany is reachable again!! I am programming that number into my phone, so let me know if it changes again!! Congrats on getting it back. And, I agree...it feels so much safer with children to have that little phone next to you. (Even though I usually can't find mine in my bag or it's dead!) But, it's still nice to have!

9:20 PM  
Blogger Kristen OQ said...

Finally I will be able to get ahold of my favorite Poe family! I am so happy that you have a cell now for safety and for convenience.

10:20 PM  
Blogger Kristen OQ said...

Finally I will be able to get ahold of my favorite Poe family! I am so happy that you have a cell now for safety and for convenience.

10:21 PM  
Blogger Kristen OQ said...

Finally I will be able to get ahold of my favorite Poe family! I am so happy that you have a cell now for safety and for convenience.

10:21 PM  
Blogger Kristen OQ said...

Sorry...not sure why it just triple posted my comment. It definitely wasn't triple-post-worthy!

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, my mom would have totally posted the same thing your mom did. Mom's are great! :)
We miss you!
Leslie

8:29 AM  
Blogger Alyssa said...

YEA!!! i am so glad for the Poes and all the people that like to talk to the Poes! I agree- i feel so much safer driving in this town when i have a cell phone (especially if you drive like me!).

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home