The Poe-Tell

Justin, Tiffany, Lucy Anne, and Uncle Buck (the only pet we have mounted in our room overlooking our bed)

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Please Change the Fashion Code

I have talked about this with so many of my friends that I have decided to blog about it. I am actually convinced it needs to be a published book. I was motivated to write when I caught, sporadically, Laguna Beach and saw how awful those girls looked and that it has even crossed over into swimsuit wear. The girls really look like they bought their swimsuits 3 sizes too small.

To begin . . . the fashion code I am talking about changed some time during the 9 months I was pregnant with Lucy Anne. You know, the "wear-your-pants-so-low-I-can-see-your-underwear" fashion statement. Britney Spears, I would love to have a sit-down chat with you (for many reasons)! First of all, I believe it was meant to be a sexy thing to see your underwear (and, no, Brit doesn't wear Granny Panties) but not everyone wears her type of underwear. And I would like to meet the guy who thinks Plumber's crack is sexy (to put it quite bluntly). I also don't think that bulging hips and belly are sexy either which is another side effect of the low-low wasted pants.

As I mentioned, the style changed somewhere during pregnancy. So, after finally getting rid of my maternity clothes, that I happened to wear a bit longer than 9 months, I went shopping for some new jeans. A higher wasted jean that doesn't make you look like an 80's mom, who can find? So, I went with the more teeny-bopper style because I was so paranoid of "looking like a mom". I got the jeans home and discovered I had no long-wasted shirt to cover those gorgeous, bulging hips and belly! At first, I thought all of this was just because I was "in between" my pregnant weight and my old, girlish figure. However, I have noticed this style looks good on you only if you are anorexic. Ladies, we need to revolt!!! For the sake of our precious baby girls! Not that Lucy Anne will be wearing this style any time soon, but it WILL COME BACK!!! Some how we must erase it from the fashion history pages! I am sure I am a lot of talk . . . I will continue to wear my somewhat low-waisted jeans (what choice do I have) and always remember to pull my shirt down and my jeans up before sitting down. Is there a compromise?!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elastic waisted jeans are an option! Ha! Love ya, no matter which jeans you wear!

10:31 PM  
Blogger hollyfouts said...

I actually kind of like the low rise pants. Not the really low "plumber crack" ones, but the just low enough to not be tight on my "had 2 babies" belly. At the moment I am hooked on my Gap Long and Lean jeans--I think I like them just because they are called Long and Lean. At 5'2" it's rare for me to wear Long and Lean anything. But I do agree with you on the look you are complaining about. Girls are looking pretty trashy these days. And they are getting younger and younger with their thongs hanging out of those pants.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Kristen OQ said...

I hate jeans too -- the best ones I have are also from the Gap. They still seem kind of low, but not too low, kind of tight, but not too tight. Sometimes Kevin and I walk through the mall and cannot believe what some parents let their girls go out in! Maybe there was a reason I had boys, because I know it would be a fight at my house!

And Holly...whatever about you having a "had 2 babies belly"...you and Tiffany are both so tiny!

4:36 PM  
Blogger Alyssa said...

Bad news, Tiff..... i have been looking at maternity stuff and IT has even changed since we wore it with Lauren and Lucy. VERY SCARY!!!!

11:32 PM  
Blogger MereMoore said...

i guess i am a hoochie-mama because i like my ultra low rise jeans and my string t-back showing! it's a real statement~i've gotten lots of compliments at prestoncrest!! ;)

love your rebellion-let's just not bring back the Gap "classic" jeans ok?? no at-the-waist waist and tapered ankles, Ok???

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home