The Poe-Tell

Justin, Tiffany, Lucy Anne, and Uncle Buck (the only pet we have mounted in our room overlooking our bed)

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, September 17, 2005

Won't Be Eating Today, Tomorrow, or . . .

As I mentioned in yesterday's posting, my Mom and Dad came to visit. As usual, the day was filled with lots and lots of "treats" (as I like to put it). They spoil me with treats when they come, which is why I have a daily treat addiction (a.k.a. Sonic)! The treats started early morning with the SIX DOZEN Krispy Kreme donuts (not at all an exaggeration) I have sitting in my kitchen. They came from our Parents and Pastries party at Sunshine School. We had tried to accurately guess how many donuts we would need but I guess we were way off. So many other people took some boxes too. And I don't know how I ended up with SIX DOZEN! Anyway, I digress . . . I started out with just a bite or two of the donuts (so I thought I was doing well). Then we left the house and dropped by our "morning drink stop" Sonic. However, they were out of the normal cherry we put in our DIET Cokes so they put slushy cherry. ICK!!! We took them back but they were just no good. So we didn't really drink those. We had to run some Cordray Candle (mom's business) errands and then we went to Pizza Hut for lunch. Again, I tried to be somewhat disciplined but I faltered a little bit. (I"ll try not to go into all of the details of what I ate, simply because you probably don't care and I am notorious for getting made fun of for all of those unwanted details I tell in my stories). However, it kills not to tell you all of it. Moving on with the GLUTTON TRAIN . . . We came back home for all of us to take a nap and when Dad and I couldn't sleep we decided to do some more runnin' around. This, of course, included a second trip to a '"better" Sonic for our drinks. Sorry Mom, we left you out! AAAHHH! Finally, the fix I needed at last! We did some shopping and then called everyone else (Mom, Justin, Lucy Anne, and Uncle Landon) to meet us at the mall (since we were already there) to eat at Cheesecake Factory. Brilliant idea, we thought! Again, trying to be disciplined, Dad and I split some funky-named chicken dish. Very good! But, we ate off everyone else's plate, too! Then, we indulged, and I mean indulged, in the best dessert I have ever had!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think the name of it was White Chocolate Latte Cheesecake. Words cannot describe! As if that wasn't enough for the day or even a week, we later (after a stroll around the mall) had a White Chocolate Coffee drink from Starbucks! Can you believe all of that?! So, to sum all of this up, Dad and I are going off right now for a 10 mile walk!

----------------------

Does anyone know how to turn on my links? I tried to follow instructions in Help but it didn't work or I'm not doing it right.

4 Comments:

Blogger MereMoore said...

i am sick just reading your blog! you certainly deserved some treats though~especially after that icky stomach bug! hope you have a great weekend with your parents...we missed you last night at "we-don't-play-bunko-anymore" Bunko!

11:12 AM  
Blogger Kristen OQ said...

I emailed you tonight some stuff on how to make the links work on your blog. Let me know if you have questions.

And sounds like you DID eat quite nicely this weekend with your parents. Moms & Dads are so great for that! Hope you enjoyed every minute and every bite!

8:50 PM  
Blogger Jacinda said...

I stumbled across your blog and am enjoying reading it. I absolutely love The Cheesecake Factory although we hardly ever get to go since we don't have one nearby. It sounds like you did alot of eating...yum!

7:03 AM  
Blogger Alyssa said...

The best part about families visiting is eating out with them :) When our families come it, we always love to take them to eat at places they haven't been... and i am always SO full after those weekeends- but they are also so fun!

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home