The Poe-Tell

Justin, Tiffany, Lucy Anne, and Uncle Buck (the only pet we have mounted in our room overlooking our bed)

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, September 16, 2005

A Great Laugh is Good For Your Health

I have felt like these last few weeks have been so unbelievably hectic. Just running from here to there all the time and having to say to Lucy Anne, "Hurry, we need to HURRY". It can tend to wear on your emotions! Last night, I had the best laugh I've had in a long time . . . all at Justin's expense (Poor Thing)! It was one of those laughs Iremember having at the end of a very long week in high school after three funerals of my friends who had died in a car wreck. The kind of laugh that you forget what you're laughing at and it just feels so good to laugh. However, this laugh was the result of Justin crashing on his Rasor scooter in the street. We had decided to go on walk, the three of us. I was pushing Lucy Anne in the stroller and Justin was going to ride his scooter (in his flip flops) which I had already questioned him about. It had just rained, too. So, as we're leaving the garage he says, "I'll probably run over my toe." And the next thing I know he had ramped off the driveway, popped-a-wheely, and landed spralled out on the street. I, of course, asked him if he was okay several times before literally rolling on the ground laughing! Again, it felt so good to laugh! He has some pretty ugly scrapes and bruises but no broken bones.

My mom and dad are here today. We're going to enjoy the day playing with Lucy and probably a few Sonic drinks as well.

5 Comments:

Blogger Kristen OQ said...

Picture this: Kevin and I were in Toys R Us around Christmas when Sam was a baby. We were looking at wagons which happen to be by the scooter section. Kevin, thinking he is "macho" Dad, proceeds to get on (or tries to get on) a rasor scooter...it moved out from under him too quickly, and he landed flat on his back in the middle of the store. All these elementary and junior high kids were chuckling while they were breezing by him trying out the scooters themselves...Hilarious! I got a good laugh at that one and thinking about Justin's experience reminded me of it. Glad he is not hurt though, but I would love to see a picture of him on it!

Have fun with your family.

9:36 AM  
Blogger poe said...

That is hilarious! I am laughing out loud! That is exactly what happened to Justin. We were saying we wish we had thought a little quicker and I would've taken a picture to post on the blog. Oh well! Tell Kevin to stay away from things us old people aren't meant to be on!

9:39 AM  
Blogger leslie said...

Why is it that people falling down is so hilarious? Both of those stories had me laugh out loud as well. Thanks for sharing!

10:24 AM  
Blogger MereMoore said...

The only time I have ever seen Brad fall down on the ground is when I decked him in our kitchen! Oops, who knew little MereMere was so strong. I was laughing so hard and I thought he was kidding that I had levelled him but in reality I had just hit him in that "right" spot and he fell on the ground. For that I felt bad! (but it was still funny)

4:22 PM  
Blogger lauren said...

That had me laughing out loud, too! Freshman year of college, two friends and I decided to go on a walk/run around campus. We had lots of energy and decided to do hurdles over the chain links holding a wooden fence together on campus. My first friend made it over successfully, then the second one did, then it was my turn. I ran up to the fence with all of my might, and my foot got caught on the chain and I fell really hard, flat on my face. We laughed so hard, and the thought of it still makes me laugh out loud.

5:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home