The Poe-Tell

Justin, Tiffany, Lucy Anne, and Uncle Buck (the only pet we have mounted in our room overlooking our bed)

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, December 22, 2006

The Four Hour Photo Shoot





I have been meaning to record our first photo shoot with both of the girls. It was a month or so ago that we headed to the city to take Ella's first portraits. We had planned to go to the usual studio (which shall be remain nameless) that I had always taken Lucy Anne. Actually, we went to a different location but the same company because I was picking up a friend's portraits for her. Anyway, I had tried to call and set up an appointment but to no avail. So, we loaded the girls and decided to try our luck. And, boy, did we! We showed up at 4:0o and the girl behind the counter said there were appointments in front of us and we would have to wait until 5:00 or so. I let the girl know that I was making my appointment for 5:00. So, my mom , the girls, and me went to the food court for me to feed Ella and kill some time. By the time we got back to the studio the appointment before us was still in session. Let me paint this horrible picture as best I can. There were only two people working . . . and a line out the door for pick ups, customers lined up at the little photo kiosk (sp?) to order their pictures, and a photo session of three girls with multiple outfit changes taking place. Oh, and a phone that wouldn't stop ringing. Five people wouldn't have been able to keep up with the mess, let alone, the two. And . . . there was us waiting our turn patiently with a 2 month old who had eaten an hour before and was ready to go back to her little newborn dreams and her sister, 2 years old, without a nap.

Well, finally, it is our turn to smile! By this point, it is 6:00. The photographer tells me we will have to hurry bc he has an appointment coming at 6:00. I got a bit fired up at that when we were supposed to have been his 5:00 appointment. We, then, argued over the definition of "walk-in" until finally we decided the 6:00 appointment wasn't coming. Nevertheless, to shorten this story, we took our pictures as best we could and managed to leave the mall after 8:00 with four very tired and hungry girls!

I have decided, as a result, to hire my mother. She has always taken my most favorite pictures and it is much more convenient as well as cheaper! You may not even be able to tell a difference!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home