The Poe-Tell

Justin, Tiffany, Lucy Anne, and Uncle Buck (the only pet we have mounted in our room overlooking our bed)

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

. . . And She Pondered These Things in Her Heart

Dear Ella:

It is amazing to see how much you've grown in the past three months! I think it has literally been overnight! Before you, I couldn't see how mothers loved and cared for two or more children. I had so much to give your sister that I didn't know how I would be able to give you the same affection. Isn't our Lord amazing, the way He provides . . . even an abundance of love. It helps me put into perspective His love for so many of His children. I pray the same for you someday: to know and feel a mother's love, to understand and bask in your Father's love, to wonder, with that same love, how it was that God could give up His own Son and then to know that He is God which makes it humanly impossible for us to understand. Thus, the mystery and love of Him!

I wrote this little paragraph soon after Lucy Anne was born and I want to pass the same feeling on to you. . .

I had always dreamed of this day, looked forward to it, had prayed for it, somewhat rehearsed it in the back of my mind . . . I had no idea, though! It is an experience beyond reason, imagination, anything in THIS world . . . to get to see you for the first time, to hold you, to feel your skin, your hands, your feet. . . to fall in love with absolutely every part of you . . . nothing prepared me for all of this . . . AND I AM SO GLAD!

3 Comments:

Blogger leslie said...

Man I am emotional!! I started bawling reading this post! It was so encouraging to me. I've been sort of "mourning" the precious time that I have left with JUST Kaitlyn, and seriously can't imagine having enough love for two. But, God is amazing and abundant in the love that he fills us with. I was so encouraged by your sweet letters. You are a special mom!!

2:51 PM  
Blogger Kristen OQ said...

I am not pregnant, but I started tearing up too when I read this! You have thoughtfully expressed the sentiments of every mother.

I miss seeing you and having you "fill me up" with your sweet words! Those little girls are blessed to have you as their mommy.

4:43 PM  
Blogger Lisa Renee said...

I feel so much of the same way about my two. Precious writing. Hope you all are doing well. Merry Christmas! L

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home