The Poe-Tell

Justin, Tiffany, Lucy Anne, and Uncle Buck (the only pet we have mounted in our room overlooking our bed)

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Ella




It is so hard to believe you are already 7 1/2 months! When Lucy Anne was your age, I felt like she was soooo old. With you, it seems like you're still a couple of months old. I suppose that is because our time is divided between you and your sister. Speaking of, oh how you love Lucy Anne! I see your eyes light up when she walks in the room. Recently, she spent some time with Meme and I can honestly tell a difference in your demeanor. You really missed her.

You are like Lucy Anne in so many ways. You are similar in size which makes me happy because I just love to get out Lucy Anne's clothes for you to wear. You are also pretty vocal - you adequately let us know you're there and especially when you've been left alone! As for nursing, you are exactly like her. I can remember wrestling her to eat just the same as I do you. You are both very efficient at it. You are both so very sweet!

I have noticed some differences as well. You love the tags on things and if I could find a "Taggy" I would buy you one. Those tags keep you so entertained. Lucy was never as interested in them. You are a huge grabber. You spend all your energy trying to get ahold of whatever is in your view. I think you are a little more curious than your sister. For instance, I predict, we will have a difficult time keeping you out of the cabinets whereas Lucy Anne was not quite as much of an explorer. You might be more of a mama's girl. Lucy Anne was too, but I don't remember her crying when I left the room. And if someone else is holding you with me around, you would rather be in my arms. However, you are still social.

For my own record keeping (because I have been so bad):

At close to 6 months, you started sitting on your own.
Since 7 months, you are crawling but you're better at going backwards than forwards. It frustrates you that you aren't better at going forward.
You say "mama" and "dada" and your favorite noise is a spitting noise.

We love you so much, you sweet, precious baby girl! What a special gift and blessing you are!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tiff,
Oh how I enjoy reading about your precious family. I had my beautiful granddaughter McKinley Grace today and we went to your Mom & Dad's to take them a check for Don Strahorn. I told your Mom how I've missed reading about your girls, she said that she would "get on to you", and low and behold I checked your blog and you had written some wonderful news for me to read. I love it and the pictures of the girls (and Daddy) are beautiful. I told your Mom that my daughter-in-law Natalie is so much like you in how she dresses McKinley so much like a little princess and she just isn't fully dressed if her hair isn't fixed and has a bow in it. I love it! I take care of McKinley on Monday, Wednesday and every other Friday and Natalie's Mom has her the other days. What a blessing and a joy she is. God is so good. Your Mom & Dad were so very sweet today they told me several times that McKinley is so beautiful and you know what Tiff she really is!!! Well sweetie I just wanted to thank you for updating your blog. I know you are a busy wife & Mommy but this old Granna loves reading about your family. God has really gifted you with your writing. It's beautiful. Have a wonderful weekend and give those precious pretty girls a big hug and kiss from me.
Love you so much,
Connie Rowton
a.k.a. Granna :)
P.S. Your folks said that sometime we need to get our granddaughters together and swing on their swing set. Boy McKinley sure did notice the "wing".
Love that baby girl of mine. Yum Yum!
Oh yes, and congrats on your up and coming "aunt-hood" that too is wonderful thing. I'm so happy for Landon & Sheree.
Love you,
Connie :)

11:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home