The Poe-Tell

Justin, Tiffany, Lucy Anne, and Uncle Buck (the only pet we have mounted in our room overlooking our bed)

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

USPS Santa






We arrived at my parents on Saturday and went to church with both sets of parents on Christmas Eve morning. We had a wonderful Sunday with a fire and card-playing (my favorite family past-time). Finally, after much discussion about Santa coming to MeMaw's house "while we're asleep", I thought we would have a traditional Santa kind-of Christmas. We opened some presents and then set out cookies and chocolate milk for Santa. However, while being put to bed, Lucy Anne decided that Santa should just send her presents by mail. Daddy agreed to tell Santa and we left it at that. A little before 7:00 Lucy Anne woke up and needed to go potty. As I was taking her to the bathroom, the wind made a classic sound of hooves on the rooftop. She stopped dead in her tracks and with terror and surprize she looked up at me to ask, "Is that Santa?" I was extremely tempted (for my fun, of course) to play in to her fears, but I said "no, just the wind." She even claimed to hear a "ho ho ho". I still chuckle. What an imagination!

It was a fun time this holiday season! Here are some pics to commemorate the festivities!

4 Comments:

Blogger Lisa Renee said...

Sounds like a wonderful time with family! Especially with a fire, my favorite thing in the world other than bubble baths! Your last post made me laugh talking about Justin being spur of the moment! Be looking for Ella's package, its in the mail today :)

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the pictures of the girls! I miss you lots! It's about time you got a picture of the house up! Love it! I think it should be yours!

1:55 PM  
Blogger Alyssa said...

I love to see your sweet girls in action. Christmas was so fun this year, wasn't it??? Love you guys :)

1:50 PM  
Blogger Candice said...

Precious girls! I have enjoyed your consistent updates :)!

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home