The Poe-Tell

Justin, Tiffany, Lucy Anne, and Uncle Buck (the only pet we have mounted in our room overlooking our bed)

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, May 04, 2006

I'm A Crazy Pregnant Person

I learned very quickly when I was pregnant with Lucy Anne that I am just not very good at being pregnant!!! I also learned how vein I am and how your normal mental state is such a precious commodity! The same is true the second time around, too. However, at least I have the presence of mind (at times) to realize these truths. It helps with the insanity! I will say that this time, there is a little more adjusting to my environment than last time. That is really only a qualifier to make ME feel better, of course!

My sweet husband has tried to assure me that my perception of the way I look is not accurate and that I am so very beautiful. He is sweet! But, there is no way my pregnant brain is going to allow that to sink in, especially because someone told me once that God puts a hormone in men that makes them find their pregnant wives more attactive and sexy. I am a little skeptical about that statement for many reasons . . . one, the source, and two, is it a hormone that is specific to their wives or to all pregnant women? I don't know. I digress. Either way, I don't believe Justin. I did find my cure today, though. Lucy came in the bathroom (this is right after she's had three potty accidents today, a trip to the doctor, and we're trying to hurry to get to Bible study) singing. By the way, I am fixing my hair and thinking I would just like to shave it all off. (Again, nothing makes me happy). Lucy comes in singing and writing her own song as she often does . . . about her mommy being "so cute, so cute, so cute". You can just imagine the prettiest, little melody I ever heard . . . I believed her!!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger hollyfouts said...

I always thought that pregnant women were so adorable....and then I got pregnant. I was never a good pregnant person either. But don't worry, you're over half way there. (Although I don't think it's any easier at all to be a woman that JUST had a baby.) Try to enjoy it and listen to Justin and Lucy Anne. I'm sure you really do look so cute, so cute, so cute!

Maybe a maternity swim suit will make you feel better?:)

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are not only cute, you are beautiful!!!! And it's not because I am you MOM that I can say that! I love you, my beautiful, little pregnant, hormonal daughter!

1:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I agree with Holly - pregnant women were always so cute until I hit that 7th or 8th month. But take comfort in knowing that you're completely normal - for whatever that's worth!

4:37 PM  
Blogger Kristen OQ said...

I can remember in college seeing these cute, pregnant moms at the mall shopping and thinking...wow, one day I am totally going to be just like that and it is going to be so fun! Then, I got pregnant with Sam, gained 60 pounds, swelled like a balloon, and felt awful.

Rest assured, I know some of those OSU girls that see you and Lucy Anne at the mall shopping think, "awwhhh, I want to be cute like that when I am pregnant one day!" Listen to your daughter and your husband on this one -- they are right!

9:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you are an adorable pregnant mamma! Hey,will you email me your current info(address&phone)? dstites@frontiernet.net
I miss you!

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home